Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Life is so Daily


Not too much excitement in the Stegall household this week, and I say this week even though I know it is only Tuesday, because it feels like it's been longer than it has. That's okay though, thus is life. I heard someone say once that the problem with life is that it is so daily. Just the little things in life that get us. Well, I wonder if when they said that they realized that years and years ago a physician named Luke was inspired by the Holy Ghost to write to us and warn of such things when he said: "And that which fell among thorns are they, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection." (Lk 8:14 KJV) And again in Luke 21:34 "And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares." How many times to we see people come and go in their walk with God, and they don't leave because of anything other than the fact that they became caught up with the cares of this life. The things that this world deems important is what they get their eyes on. Sometimes we let our hearts get bogged down with the things of this life that are so daily: jobs, people, problems, sickness or any number of things life just throws our way daily. But God told us to look up, watch and pray, take the Word that he's given us and DO what he has commanded us to to Daily. He said we need to pray "Lord give us this day our DAILY bread. Manna was given to the children of Israel DAILY. They had to trust Him Daily. So many times people think the enemy will come in and try to destroy them with something big or tragic, but the real test is what you will do with every day life to prepare you for those tests and trials that come. When King Darius made a decree, Daniel didn't have to worry or wring his hands about what he was going to do with this new legislation that had been enacted he just: Dan 6:10 "When Daniel knew that the document had been signed, he went to his house where he had windows in his upper chamber open toward Jerusalem. He got down on his knees three times a day and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as he had done previously." He just did what he had always done, prayed, that prayer that sustained him daily. King David's perspective became skewed: Psa 73:2-17 "But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped. They are not in trouble as others are; they are not stricken like the rest of mankind. Therefore pride is their necklace; violence covers them as a garment. Their eyes swell out through fatness; their hearts overflow with follies. They scoff and speak with malice; loftily they threaten oppression. They set their mouths against the heavens, and their tongue struts through the earth. Therefore his people turn back to them, and find no fault in them. And they say, "How can God know? Is there knowledge in the Most High?" Behold, these are the wicked; always at ease, they increase in riches. All in vain have I kept my heart clean and washed my hands in innocence. For all the day long I have been stricken and rebuked every morning. If I had said, "I will speak thus," I would have betrayed the generation of your children. But when I thought how to understand this, it seemed to me a wearisome task, until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I discerned their end. David said I almost slipped until I went into the house of God, then my perspective was changed. I saw things how they really are rather than how this world perceives them to be. The heathen seemed to be prospering, but then he discerned their end. Since life happens to be so daily... Let's Make HIM a part of each day, through prayer, His Word, get to church every time the doors are open. "DAILY walking close to Thee...."

No comments:

Post a Comment