Sunday, January 9, 2011

Baby Dedication

Today was a great day at church. We had communion first this morning, and then Abigail's dedication afterward. Her daddy spoke for a moment on what a blessing this little one is, and then Pastor helped us dedicate her. This is us telling God that we understand that this was a gift from Him, and that we acknowledge that she truly belongs to Him. After seven years, and with much prayer from Samual and I, and many, many others, God finally saw fit to give us a child. But though he has entrusted us with this gift, we understand that Psalm 127:3 "Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward." And we will do all that we can to teach her His truth and His ways! So that one day we may say 3Jn 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

Prayer for the family.

Mom and Dad and Baby Abigail, she was really good the whole time. I was suprised she never cried. Of course she stayed asleep the whole time too...lol

She'll know that you must have a Pastor in your life.

Her first Bible.

Daddy Talking.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first held Abigail, I quotes the Shema; Deut. 6:4. I did the same thing when Kinsley was born, I would that all men know that Great God and our savior Jesus Christ! שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָד - Shema Yisra'el Adonia Eloheinu Adonia Eḥad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to quote it to her every day. Thank God, I know who he is!

    ReplyDelete